As you go through the process of digging deeper into your food story, every discussion you have with friends or family, every journal entry you write, every time you even think about your story, is an opportunity to understand yourself better.
No matter how different we are and how different our stories are, we’re also the same. We want to feel good. We want to feel connected. We want to feel aligned with our behaviors and choices.
Having open, honest and vulnerable conversations helps us see our food stories through a different lens, connect the dots and feel empowered to make change.
Discovering your food story helps you release what no longer serves you and reclaim the power to live your best life–without stressing over food!
These conversations are the heart of this podcast and Elise’s new book Food Story: Rewrite the Way You Eat, Think, and Live.
To celebrate the release, Tara McMullin of What Works flips the script and interviews Elise about her food story, how she realized she needed to change her inner narrative and the steps she took to rewrite it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How food rules keep you from being fully present
- Why unpacking trauma and conditioning around weight and food helps you understand and reframe your triggers
- Simple questions to help you unpack your limiting beliefs around food
- How to evolve and stay curious so you never feel stuck
- Snippets of Elise’s personal food story that have never been shared before
Learn more about Tara McMullin:
Learn More about Elise Museles:
- Food Story: Rewrite the Way You, Eat, Think, and Live
- Instagram: @kaleandchocolate
- Facebook: @kaleandchocolate