Have you ever wanted to get to the root of your health and eating challenges but not known exactly where to begin? Maybe you’ve tried every diet, exercise program, and supplement but still don’t feel like your most vibrant or best self. The good news is that you can detox your mind + body and become your own doctor along the way!
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #7 with Amie Valpone! Amie is the #1 best-selling author of Eating Clean, the founder of The Healthy Apple, and Functional Medicine Nutrition Expert, who helps celebrities and people all over the world reclaim their personal power to overcome unexplained chronic symptoms. Amie recently healed herself from a series of ongoing health issues including Lyme Disease, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, C-diff Colitis, Hypothyroidism, Adrenal Fatigue, Leaky Gut, and much more, and shares her remarkable journey where she went from a vibrant driven woman to a decade as a sickly person who could barely get out of bed.
Now feeling stronger than ever, Amie is a true inspiration to anyone who hears her story. She believes that you have the power to heal yourself from anything when you peel back the layers and release the traumas buried inside. Tune in to learn how Amie became her own doctor and how you can take your health into your own hands, too!
“The woman you’re becoming will cost you people, relationships, spaces, and material things. Choose her over everything.” ~Amie Valpone
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to get to the root cause of your health issues and why looking beyond Western medicine is imperative
- Why unresolved emotional trauma can influence your mental and physical health, and how to release what has been buried inside for so long
- Why food and exercise are only part of the puzzle, and what else you need to heal
- The negative role social media plays on our health and how to avoid letting it impact your mind and body
- The importance of the MTHFR gene in detoxification and how to discover if you’re part of the population that is missing it
- The difference between masculine and feminine energy and how embracing both can be healing
- Why slowing down will help your body detox on a cellular and emotional level
- Why you are your best healer and how to take your health into own hands
You’ll feel empowered to become your own doctor and clean up what’s on your plate and what’s in your mind!
One more thing: Please take a few moments to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Amie on Once Upon a Food Story!
New book: Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body
Facebook: The Healthy Apple
Soundcloud: I’ll Have What Amie’s Having
Pinterest: The Healthy Apple