If you find yourself turning to food when you’re stressed, sad, or too busy, you’re not alone. Amber Romaniuk, an Emotional Eating, Digestive and Hormone Expert, believes that the more we share our stories, the faster we start to heal together.
Amber overcame her own emotional eating after gaining and losing more than 1,000 pounds and spending more than $50,000 on binge foods. She cycled her way through countless fad diets, fell into a restrictive and binge eating cycle, and engaged in punishing workouts in an attempt to achieve the “perfect weight.”
Even when she reached her ideal body size, Amber couldn’t sustain it, leaving her unwell physically, mentally, and emotionally. It then took her over 5 years to balance her hormones and digestion and end her food addictions.
Feeling better than ever, Amber attributes her healing to self-care and self-love practices that led to a healthier mindset (and habits) around food. Now, she’s on a mission to help other women stop restrictive dieting, body shaming, and self-sabotage with food.
“Our lows can become our turning points. They can wake us up to realize we need help and a new approach.” ~Amber Romaniuk
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How your childhood influences your relationship with food
- Why losing weight doesn’t necessarily lead to happiness
- Ways to release a self-sabotaging mindset
- The reason restrictive behavior can lead to binge eating
- What are food vulnerabilities and how to identify them
- The impact emotional eating and binge and/or restrictive eating has on gut and hormone health
- A mindful approach with indulgences and trigger foods
- How to invite positivity into your life and shift your perspective
You’ll feel empowered to turn inwards, release unwanted eating patterns, and transform your life.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Dr. Debi Silber on Once Upon a Food Story!
- Website: amberapproved.ca
- The Emotional Eating Quiz
- The No Sugarcoating Podcast
- 30 min Body Freedom call
- Instagram: @amberromaniuk
We are proud to partner with TONIC CBD for this week’s episode.
Visit tonicvibes.com (Use code ELISEM for 15% off)