How to Create a Healthy Food Story for Your Children with Alex Caspero of Plant-Based Juniors
Imagine sitting down to eat with your family and meals are easy, nourishing, and stress-free!
There is so much confusion around nutrition as adults and when it comes to feeding our kids, it can be even more anxiety-provoking. Parents worry about nutrients, growth and development, if their kids are eating too much of this… or not enough of that. For many families, mealtime can be stressful.
But it doesn’t have to be that way! You can bring joy back to the family table and teach your children what food is really about: nourishment, energy, connection, and love.
As a registered dietitian nutritionist and creator of the award-winning website Delish Knowledge, Alexandra Caspero not only helps parents understand the science behind feeding their children the best diet possible, she also explains how to do it to minimize stress and make family meals fun.
Alex is also the co-founder, with Whitney English, of Plant-Based Juniors, an evidence-based platform that helps parents navigate the world of plant-based prenatal and pediatric nutrition. Together, they’re on a mission to get more plants on the plate and share their easy-to-digest philosophy (and recipes) online and in their new book, The Plant-Based Baby and Toddler.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Easy ways to add in more plants to your family’s meals
- How to let go of perfection and trust your body during pregnancy
- Some common myths and concerns about plant-based diets for children
- A plate model that helps kids get the nutrients they need
- Exactly how to deal with the challenges of a picky eaters
- A non-restrictive way to handle sweets and treats
- Why a big picture overview of nutrition will help you navigate the day-to-day
You’ll feel comfortable and confident making informed decisions to create a healthy (and happy) food story for your children!
Podcast Partner: Nuzest. Use the code elisem20 to receive 20% off!
Learn more about Alex Caspero:
- Delish Knowledge
- Plant Based Juniors
- Instagram: @delishknowledge, @plantbasedjuniors
- Facebook: @deliciousknowledge
- Twitter: @delishknowledge
Learn More about Elise Museles:
- The Plant-Based Baby and Toddler: Your Complete Feeding Guide for 6 Months to 3 Years, Alexandra Caspero and Whitney English
- Fresh Italian Cooking for the New Generation, Alexandra Caspero