Does wellness feel hard? Sometimes unattainable? And like everyone else knows how to achieve it, but it’s just not that way for you? There’s scientific proof that you don’t have to be miserable getting healthier and you can do it with ease. It all starts with adopting the right mindset.
As a top-rated podcast host, creator of Real Food Whole Life, and author of the hot-off-the-press book, The Feel Good Effect: Reclaim Your Wellness by Finding Small Shifts that Create Big Change, Robyn Conley Downs uses her cutting-edge, science-based (and life tested) experiences to help tens of thousands of people find radically simple solutions with a refreshingly sane approach.
After years of struggling with impossibly high standards in an effort to be her best self, Robyn hit a breaking point and realized her constant striving was ironically making her feel not good. From there, she not only shifted her own mindset, but she also merged her research-backed knowledge and personal lessons and transformed these findings into actionable baby steps that are easy and doable.
From there, The Feel Good Effect was born—a method that offers a way out of perfectionism, all or nothing thinking, and comparison. Her motto “less striving, more ease” will help you redefine wellness, on your own terms.
“You can have positive results in your body without being miserable getting there.” ~Robyn Conley Downs
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to orient your habits and mindset to feel good from the inside out
- The science of neuroplasticity and how you can rewire your brain at any age
- The danger of toxic positivity and how to avoid it
- How to become resilient in the face of negative emotions
- The distinction between “should” versus “good”
- The science behind gratitude and why it works
- An approach to reduce decision fatigue to create more ease in your day
- The two main ingredients to infuse into the wellness equation (Hint: They will make you FEEL GOOD.)
After listening to this episode, you’ll feel empowered take small steps to create more calm, clarity, and joy!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Robyn on Once Upon a Food Story!
Robyn’s Book: The Feel Good Effect