Let’s be honest: Acquiring new stuff is fun! The excitement that washes over you every time you buy clothes or shoes or gadgets is unmatched. But what happens when all that stuff starts to accumulate… and weigh you down?
Rachel Rosenthal, an organizing expert and mom to identical twins, believes that our physical surroundings have a huge impact on our mental and emotional well-being. And, if you’re feeling stressed or mentally overwhelmed, Rachel suggests you take a look around you. Is your house messy and cluttered? A little clearing and decluttering might be just what you need to have you feeling instantly revived!
For as long as she can remember, Rachel has always been a Type A personality, drawing her energy from helping others and changing their lives through organization. So, it wasn’t a surprise when she left her stable and secure law career to carve a path out for herself in the professional organizing industry.
Now, after 12 years of working with more than 3,000 clients and impacting millions of people through media appearances, Rachel is on a mission to empower others to create outer order and inner calm.
Tune in and let Rachel inspire you to declutter your space and declutter your mind!
“There is potential in every home and for every person to have the organized lifestyle that they crave, regardless of circumstance.” ~Rachel Rosenthal
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The psychological effects that physical clutter has on our mental health
- A breakdown and system to follow to begin getting your surroundings organized
- Why creating a sanctuary in your kitchen helps you make better choices
- Practical tips to let go of sentimental items that you’re no longer using
- A fun and easy idea to organize your memories and mementos
- Why a “categorized” junk drawer can be a good idea
- Insights into how your phone or computer may need organizing, too!
- Ways to stay organized even with kids or uncooperative partners (Yes, it’s absolutely possible!)
- The one thing to do to stay motivated to live with less
You’ll feel empowered to make your home (and your life!) clutter-free!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Rachel on Once Upon a Food Story!
Website: Rachel Rosenthal
Elise’s favorite kitchen appliance:
The NutraMilk – Use code ELISEM50 for $50 off your order