Have you ever thought about how the word “should” is running your life? Like, I should work harder. I should be thinner. I should go workout. I should be more motivated. I should . . . fill in the blank.
Tricia Huffman, aka Your Joyologist and author of F the Shoulds. Do the Wants: Get Clear On Who You Are, What You Want, and Why You Want It, believes that this one word holds us back, steals our joy, and even makes us question our self-worth!
After becoming more aware of how the “shoulds” were not only part of her vocabulary, but also a part of her thoughts and beliefs, Tricia completely eliminated the word from her life. When she shifted the “shoulds” into “wants”, Tricia was able to make decisions that better reflect who she is and wants to be.
Now, she’s on a mission to empower you to claim your joy by living life the way you want to live, rather than conforming to some model you think you “should” be following.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to become aware of the way “should” impacts your life
- The sneaky ways the “shoulds” show up in your food story
- Strategies for releasing guilt and shame
- A unique approach to respond to negative self talk
- A single question to reframe the “shoulds”
- How to claim joy every day
After listening, you’ll feel empowered to take action right away by simply paying attention to this one word!
Podcast Partner: We are proud to partner with Nature Made for this week’s episode. Visit naturemade.com for more information, or find the whole line of supplements in your favorite retailer.
A few of my go-to Nature Made supplements include:
- Time release B-100 complex
- Ashwagandha capsules
- Extra Strength Magnesium
If Once Upon a Food Story has inspired you to change how you think about food, your body, and your life, please take a minute to rate us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you listen. Reviews help listeners find the show and enable us to have more amazing guests on too.
Learn more about Tricia Huffman:
- F the Shoulds. Do the Wants: Get Clear On Who You Are, What You Want, and Why You Want It.
- Website: yourjoyologist.com
- Podcast: Claim It!
- Instagram: @_triciahuffman
- Facebook: @Tricia Huffman
Learn More about Elise Museles:
- Food Story: Rewrite the Way You, Eat, Think, and Live
- Website: elisemuseles.com
- Instagram: @elisemuseles
- Facebook: @elisemuseles