No one is without fear, yet it is the one thing that holds us back from achieving our goals and dreams. Because when we live from a place of fear, we’re not able to access our full potential and experience a life of purpose and joy.
But the good news? You don’t ever need to learn to live with fear or find ways to cope with it.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #27 with Monica Berg. Monica is a highly regarded spiritual teacher and author of Fear Is Not an Option, who believes we all have the ability to eliminate fear from our reality. And, a life lived without fear is a life of authenticity and fulfillment, something all of us deserve and are capable of creating.
Monica began her journey into self-discovery and spirituality at the age of seventeen with the study of Kabbalah. At the same time, Monica battled and overcame an eating disorder. With her recovery came a better understanding of the disease and a passion to help others. However, it wasn’t until her second child was born with Down Syndrome that Monica had to reevaluate her own belief system. Instead of choosing a life of fear after the diagnosis, Monica developed the credo, “In change, there is great power,” and has since learned to bring strength into the most challenging experiences.
Now, Monica is on a mission to help us eradicate fear from our lives and live each day fearlessly and to our highest aspirations.
“This is your life, and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. If you love what you do, do more of it. If you don’t love what you do, don’t do it. And if you don’t know what you love, it’s time to find out” ~ Monica Berg
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The reasons why you resist change and how to intentionally direct change in your life
- Why we are not meant to suffer and how to reframe the suffering (and victim) mindset
- The three kinds of fears—healthy, real, and illogical—and how to eradicate fear that’s not serving you
- How to cultivate awareness and compassion with eating challenges
- The science behind journaling and ways it can help you create a better relationship with yourself
- Why changing your belief system is the first step in changing your story
- How to switch from a negative thought and replace it with a positive compassionate thought
- Ways to move past food-based fears
- Five mantras to help you live a more fulfilled life
You’ll feel empowered to create the life you desire… fearlessly!
One more thing: Please take a few moments to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Monica on Once Upon a Food Story!
Pinterest: Monica Berg
Book: Fear is Not an Option