Are you concerned about the toxic chemicals that might be lurking in your products, food, and water that you use and consume daily? Of course, you want to live the healthiest life you can but the amount of information on “clean” and “healthy” living can be completely overwhelming, and even confusing.
Here’s the good news: Reducing your overall toxic burden doesn’t have to be so complicated. There are incredible resources to help make it simpler and stress-free.
That’s where Nneka Leiba, and the Environmental Working Group (EWG) come in. Named a “Green Game Changer” by O Magazine, Nneka leads the Healthy Living Science team of EWG, one of America’s most respectable health and wellness organizations dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. As the head scientist, Nneka turns complex scientific topics, especially those dealing with the harmful effects of everyday chemical exposures, into accessible tips and advice that helps millions of people make safer choices.
Growing up in Jamaica, Nneka developed a lifelong love for beauty and the environment, so it was a natural fit for her to pursue a career in protecting our planet. But, it wasn’t until she had a severe anaphylactic allergic reaction that she realized the importance of becoming a discerning consumer and asking the right questions. Now, she is on a mission to inspire all of us to educate ourselves about anything we put on and in our bodies, and then use our voices to protect ourselves (and our environment) from these harmful chemical exposures.
Tune in and learn how to protect your health and build a better environment along the way.
“Make one change today to reduce your toxic exposure, and it will immediately decrease your overall body burden.” ~Nneka Leiba
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to use your voice to get educated and make healthier choices for yourself and your family
- The current state of regulations with personal care products and how to avoid the toxins that are still legal in many of our products
- The most common endocrine disruptors that affect our health and the health of our children (and how to avoid them)
- How to transition to clean personal care products without feeling overwhelmed
- What to look for to make safer sunscreen choices for you and the environment, too
- Simple ways to avoid pesticides in your fruits and vegetables
- How to reduce your exposure to common drinking water pollutants
- The most important thing you need to do to decrease your overall toxic burden (It’s easier than you think!)
You’ll feel empowered to educate yourself and start making informed decisions today!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Nneka on Once Upon a Food Story!
Follain is Elise’s go-to resource for clean beauty and personal care products. Use code “elisem15” for 15% off your whole order!