Ever wish you could be doing more for the environment? Ken Cook, President and Co-Founder of Environmental Working Group (EWG) and a pioneer environmentalist, believes that any action you take to improve the health of our planet is a step in the right direction!
Having been named the “Ultimate Green Game Changer” by Huffington Post, Ken is often referred to as one of Washington’s top lobbyists, possessing an unwavering commitment to fighting against industrial agriculture and protecting families, children, and our environment from toxic substances.
The seeds for Ken’s dedication to environmental health were planted early in childhood. Growing up, he spent summers on his uncle’s farm in Missouri, an experience that piqued his interest and led him to pursue studying soil science. Ever since, he has been an influential voice in changing the environmental landscape for America. Under Ken’s leadership over the past 27 years, EWG has grown into a trusted and powerful organization that empowers millions of people to reduce their exposure to harmful ingredients in food, drinking water, cosmetics, and other household products, to live healthier lives in a healthier environment.
For this special eco-edition, Ken enlightens us on how we can celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day and continue to care for ourselves and our planet, too. Even in the middle of a global pandemic, as we all take a pause from our usual day-to-day lives, we can seize the opportunity to be more thoughtful and intentional about our actions and how they impact our environment.
“Earth Day every day means take the steps you can to do your part to protect a clean and healthy environment that we all imbibe and metabolize.” ~Ken Cook
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Ways to develop habits that are good for you and protect the planet, too
- Tips to limit your overall exposure to pesticides and chemicals
- How to use your voice as a consumer to help shape policy
- The first steps to take to reduce environmental toxins in your food and personal care products
- The power of interconnectedness and how our actions affect the environment and one another
- Ideas to prioritize your health and build better habits during COVID-19 and beyond
- How to resume normal activities after COVID-19 with the Earth in mind
- The most important place to start (and do your part) on the path to environmental health
You’ll feel inspired to make every day Earth Day!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Ken on Once Upon a Food Story!
Website: Environmental Working Group
YouTube: Environmental Working Group