Do you ever think nutrition and wellness seem confusing, and you just want to throw in the towel? Registered dietitian and co-founder of Culina Health, Vanessa Rissetto, believes that feeling good doesn’t have to be complicated, and there are simple ways to eliminate stress around food, heal your body, and get results that last.
Growing up in a family where everyone connected over food, Vanessa felt comfortable in her body and never really experienced anxiety about her choices. Even when she gained weight in college, she didn’t obsess about the changes, but rather she immersed herself in learning the science of nutrition and tuning into what she could do to feel better.
Fascinated by everything she had learned, Vanessa left her career in marketing and followed her newfound passion, hoping to make a positive impact on people as they navigate their way through understanding nutrition. She then launched Culina Health, an expert backed holistic nutrition coaching and online education program for all.
Most recently named one of Essence Magazine’s five black female nutritionists who will change the way we think of food, Vanessa is on a mission to simplify wellness for people from all kinds of backgrounds with her inclusive, non-judgmental approach.
“You are the best physician for your own body” ~Vanessa Rissetto
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Tips for reconnecting to your body to reduce stress
- Limiting beliefs around food trends that need to be debunked
- The pros and cons of intermittent fasting
- How to pass on a healthy food story to your children (without nagging!)
- A powerful exercise to become more aware of your eating habits and choices
- How to recognize our unconscious bias in the wellness industry
- What we can do as a society to make wellness accessible to everyone
Tune in and let Vanessa inspire you to feel good without stress and anxiety over food.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Vanessa on Once Upon a Food Story!