Whether you have years of experience in the kitchen or you’re just getting started, cooking with fresh ingredients does not need to be complicated and making real food taste good can be simple and stress-free!
Certified holistic health counselor, best-selling author, and sought-after cooking instructor, Pamela Salzman has helped thousands of home cooks get organized each week to whip up meals that are easy, yet packed with nutrients and flavor. Her latest book Quicker Than Quick: 140 Crave-Worthy Recipes for Healthy Comfort Foods in 30 Minutes or Less teaches people to create delicious, healthy food without slaving away for hours in the kitchen.
Growing up the child of Italian immigrant parents, Pamela understood from a very young age the importance of no-fuss homemade meals from scratch. While her upbringing instilled a lifelong penchant for healthy food, Pamela never expected to make a career out of cooking.
After starting a family of her own, she spent more time in the kitchen and was soon asked to lead a local cooking group. Although Pamela had no formal culinary training, word got out and she quickly established a thriving business with a huge following of home cooks wanting to learn her secret to success in the kitchen.
Now twelve years later, through her books, blog, and online cooking classes, Pamela’s on a mission to show that cooking doesn’t need to be stressful or labor-intensive, and you should feel good nourishing yourself and your loved ones, too!
“When you make decisions from a place of love and compassion, you end up choosing the right foods that will bring nourishment and love back to you.” ~Pamlea Salzman
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you don’t need formal education or years of experience to make great food
- A simple trick to start becoming a more intuitive cook
- How to accommodate different food preferences without being a short order chef
- Exactly how meal planning can change your life
- Expert advice on what to make from scratch versus what to buy store-bought
- Practical tips for stress-free cooking during COVID-19
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to deviate from a recipe and make food swaps
- How to engage your partner (or entire family) to take an active role in cooking and cleaning
- The secret ingredients to success in the kitchen… and your life
You’ll feel inspired to stop stressing in the kitchen and start embracing ease, simplicity, and fun!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Pamela on Once Upon a Food Story!
Elise’s Favorite Supplements: