A huge part of our food stories is shaped at a very young age. The words we hear and the language used around food and bodies stick with us well beyond childhood.
As parents, we need to be aware of how we speak to our children about their choices, their behaviors, and their mindset with food. (No pressure!)
But this can also feel like one more thing to worry about getting right when you already feel like there is so much to think about when it comes to parenting our children.
Reframing the way you communicate with your children – and yourself – about food doesn’t have to be hard or an ongoing battle.
Dr. Natasha Beck, a parenting expert specializing in pediatric neuropsychology and founder of Dr. Organic Mommy, explains gentle, effective ways to communicate about your family’s food philosophy with your kids, so that what matters most to you sinks in with your children.
As a trusted online resource for thousands of people, Dr. Natasha Beck is on a mission to empower families to make healthy decisions about pregnancy, parenting, non-toxic living, and more!
Natasha has so many incredible takeaways that will not only have you rethink the way you are expressing yourself to your children but also help you create a new narrative for yourself.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to have conversations with your child when you make a parenting mistake
- Tips for teaching your kids to eat a variety of foods without nagging them to do it
- Questions to help kids connect with how different food makes their bodies feel
- A realistic approach to enjoy but not overdo food and sugar at holidays and events
- The exact words to use to minimize tantrums and fights
- A piece of advice that will help release the pressure you feel as a parent
You’ll feel empowered to use just the right words to talk to your children… and yourself!
Podcast Partner: Nuzest. Use the code EliseM20 to receive 20% off!
Learn more about Natasha Beck MPH, Psy.D:
Learn More about Elise Museles: