Are you looking for a moment in your day where you can tune out the outside world and focus on what’s going on within you? It starts by creating a daily ritual with a cup of tea.
According to Kristina Tucker, Minister of Enlightenment and Commerce for The Republic of Tea, tea is more than a beverage: It’s a sense of comfort and inspiration that can completely enrich your life. In her capacity as the Republic’s spokesperson and head of public relations and philanthropic efforts, Kristina’s mission is to educate and inspire people throughout the world about tea, its variety, origins, rituals, and numerous health benefits.
Having grown up with a mother who instilled the importance in knowing where your food comes from, Kristina has always felt a connection to plants. Following her calling, she became a certified student of teas and herbs, connecting the values of her upbringing with a continuing curiosity for the healing properties of plants.
Now, after 25 years of experience, Kristina believes that a tea ritual is a sacred gift to give to yourself or share with someone else. In her role with the Republic of Tea, Kristina empowers others to live a “Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp” lifestyle.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you don’t need to choose between coffee or tea (Hint: You can enjoy both!)
- Exactly how a tea ritual can impact your entire wellbeing
- How to engage all your senses to be more present with tea (or whatever you’re consuming)
- The healing ingredients that pack a nutritional punch
- How L-theanine, an amino acid, can enhance cognitive function and provide calming benefits
- The origins of matcha green tea and traditional ways to enjoy it
- Ways to become a conscious consumer and make choices that are good for the environment
- The one thing that you should do to get the full experience from tea
You’ll be inspired to grab your favorite mug and tap into the healing benefits of tea.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Kristina on Once Upon a Food Story!
Website: republicoftea.com (code FOODSTORY for free shipping)
Teas mentioned in the episode: