Chances are you or someone you know is living with an autoimmune disease. While autoimmune diseases continue to be on the rise, there is more and more information on how those who have been diagnosed can take back their health and take back their lives.
Amelia Meyers is an example of someone who has lived and managed Crohn's disease for over 20 years. As a certified nutritionist, actor, singer-songwriter, therapeutic arts coach, and Mrs. Maryland Petite USA, she identified the dietary and lifestyle changes that helped her balance her health and truly thrive.
Now, Amelia is on a mission to bring awareness to how food, stress reduction, sleep, breathwork, movement, and connection to yourself (and others) can play a positive role in an autoimmune journey. She believes that even though healing may include many peaks and valleys, given the right support, your body is capable of anything!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The best protocol for an elimination diet for Crohns (or any autoimmune disease)
- A mindset shift if you feel like your body has failed you
- The healing power of breathwork and how to practice it
- The relationship between stress, inflammation, and autoimmune disease flare ups
- Tools to decompress and relax
- Simple (and fun) ways to reconnect to your body
Hopefully this conversation will empower you to take steps to learn what works best for you so that you can find ways to feel good in spite of an autoimmune diagnosis.
Learn More about Amelia Meyers:
Learn More about Elise Museles:
Food Story: Rewrite the Way You, Eat, Think, and Live