How many times have you been told (over and over) to “listen to your body”?! It’s not an easy thing to do – for any of us – when we’ve been disconnected from our own internal messages for so long. But there’s good news: no matter how long you’ve silenced your intuition, it’s still there. If you’re willing to listen, your body will tell you everything you need to know.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story Episode #6 with Robyn Youkilis who believes that you can learn to trust your intuition—and shed emotional and physical weight as a result! Robyn is a best-selling author, international speaker, TV personality, and leading expert on gut health. Robyn has helped thousands of women break free from the craziness of dieting, heal their frustrating digestive issues, and make food choices from a place of self-trust.
In this episode, Robyn shares her own journey of using food (and unhealthy habits) as a way to connect with her father and the epiphany that enabled her to change her entire relationship with food and herself. She went from the cycle of restricting then raiding the cabinets (and beating herself up) to a nourishing approach to feeding and loving her body. Her experiences taught her that when you keep your gut healthy, it balances the other parts of life that “weigh” you down. Robyn is living proof that you can learn to listen to your inner voice, no matter how long you’ve ignored your intuition!
“The shifts in listening to your body and trusting your intuition come from consistently asking yourself: what do I need right now? Your job is to start to ask.”~Robyn Youkilis
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The “now age” way to approach weight loss and how to make it work for you
- Why deprivation backfires and how to eat to feel satisfied instead
- What to do when you overindulge or emotionally eat and exactly how to talk to yourself
- Why your gut health is so closely tied to your intuition and ways to tune in and listen
- How motherhood (or any major change in life) can help you feel more connected to your body
- What five foods you need to add to your plate and why it can make you feel healthier and happier
- Why meal prep is life-changing and how to make it a habit that sticks
- How to pass on a healthy food story to your children and conscious ways to speak to your kids (or any loved one) about their choices
You’ll be inspired to turn down the noise and listen to the wisdom of your own voice (and intuition!) instead.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Robyn on Once Upon a Food Story!