What do habits have to do with body image?! Everything! Because adopting healthy routines empowers us to feel better about ourselves, builds our confidence, and keeps us moving forward with our focused intentions.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #10 with Sarah Von Bargen. Sarah is the founder of the popular lifestyle blog, Yes & Yes and creator of the online “Make It Habit School.” Sarah works with people all over the globe teaching that lasting change starts FIRST with understanding your motivations and triggers, which then rewires your brain and body to actually crave good habits and reject bad ones.
After growing up as an extremely skinny child and becoming a curvy adult woman, Sarah learned how to appreciate her body while creating a daily routine (and lifestyle!) that makes her feel powerful and happy, inside and out! Sarah believes that reaching your goals and having the life you want can feel (almost) effortless. Tune in and let Sarah inspire you to replace the mindsets and patterns that no longer serve you without feeling deprived, miserable, or trapped by to-do lists!
“So much of our anxiety comes from obsessing over our own flaws, and the most surefire way to get past those negative thoughts is to turn your attention outward.” ~Sarah Von Bargen
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The power of sharing stories, and why it’s important to connect us to one another
- New ways to love and accept your body, even if it is different than what you had imagined
- What Beyoncé and the Kardashians have done for body image
- The one thing to say to yourself to break the cycle of a not-so-healthy habit.
- How to get unstuck and stay true to your intentions
- The difference between a habit and a goal and why knowing this will help you accomplish both
- Why you need a mantra and how to use it to break the cycle of negative self-talk
- Why the notion that it takes twenty-one days to form a habit is B.S., and how long it really takes to cement a habit
- How to turn your attention away from your imperfections to do things in the world that make it a better place
You’ll feel empowered to release what’s no longer serving you and focus on building a positive mindset and good-for-you habits instead!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Sarah on Once Upon a Food Story!
Private Facebook Group: Money & Happy
E-Book: 18 scripts