Ready to make a change? The food you eat can be the most powerful medicine that nourishes your cells and brings you lasting health. It can heal your body, prevent disease, and bring you energy throughout the day.
Tyler Jean, aspiring Naturopathic doctor and the creator of the wildly popular Instagram account @functional.foods, believes that food is foundational. He knows firsthand that what you put into your body dictates what you are going to get out of it. As an educator, Tyler makes it easy to understand exactly how to tap into food as medicine.
Tyler’s journey began in college when he first fell in love with food. While he started off as a young athlete who followed a mostly junk-food Standard American diet, he soon began to make the connection between what he ate and how he felt (and performed). From his initial stint with a vegan diet to his current “plant-forward paleo” approach, Tyler realized that we need to constantly check in with our bodies for feedback on whether our choices are bringing us greater health or making us sick. And no matter what any expert says, the only person who knows what’s right for you is YOU!
After optimizing his diet and lifestyle, Tyler was able to improve his athletic performance and even cure his ADHD, which then led to a deep-seated passion for integrative health and a desire to help others through naturopathic medicine.
Now, Tyler’s on a mission to educate as many people as possible about the anti-inflammatory power of food while sharing a more preventative and natural approach to healing.
“Your health is the single most important thing you should be investing in. If you don’t have your health, you don’t have your life.” ~Tyler Jean
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why what you choose to eat on a daily basis is the biggest indicator of quality of life
- The truth about fad diets and why what works for one person may not work for another
- Tips for learning which foods are compatible for your body so you can feel your best
- Ways cooking can heal your relationship with food
- The difference between conventional medicine and naturopathic medicine (and how they can complement one another)
- A simple shift to make exercise feel easy and fun
- How focusing on the details in your diet does more harm than good (and what to do instead!)
- Why creating strong relationships and community is just as important as the food you put into your body
- The key pillars to feeling your absolute best
Tune in and let Tyler inspire you to power your body with whole, energetic, and nutrient-dense foods as you create the foundations for a vibrant and happy life!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Tyler on Once Upon a Food Story!
YouTube: Functional Foods