Have you been told that you’re “too sensitive?” Perhaps you’re easily overwhelmed in hectic environments or crowded rooms. You might be reactive to caffeine and notice how food affects you. Or you’re deeply tuned into your emotions and other people’s, too. Odds are, you’re a highly sensitive person!
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story Episode #3 with Valerie Gangas who believes that being highly sensitive isn’t a life sentence—it’s your superpower! Valerie is a sought after personal coach, author, and speaker who specializes in helping highly sensitive people gain a deeper understanding of who they are, so they can thrive and unleash their magic.
Valerie’s own personal journey after losing her mother to breast cancer brought her to a dark place where she hit rock bottom and became suicidal. Fortunately, she had a huge awakening, and her experiences taught her that no matter what you are going through, even at your lowest point, you can save yourself and use your heightened emotions to live a richer and fuller life. Valerie is living proof… and when she told her story to Oprah (yes the Oprah!), Oprah said, “I’ll have what she’s having.”
“Highly sensitive people are the visionaries of the world.” ~Valerie Gangas
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How you can determine if you’re a highly sensitive person (HSP)
- How you can utilize your sensitivity so that it becomes your strength, not a weakness
- When most people make major life changes in their habits that stick
- How to calm your nervous system when you feel tense or anxious
- Why and how meditation works and how it can teach you to live a more magical life
- The best foods, supplements, and diet for the highly sensitive person
- The most common mistake people make when on a spiritual path, and how to avoid it
You’ll be empowered to turn your challenges into lessons and turn your sensitivity into your superpower!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Valerie on Once Upon a Food Story!
Book: Enlightenment Is Sexy: Every Woman’s Guide to a Magical Life
Supplements: GABA Calm