There is no denying that our collective anxiety is at an all-time high, affecting 40 million Americans… and rising. Yet, culturally we have been taught to suppress it.
Acclaimed psychiatrist and author of The Anatomy of Anxiety, Dr. Ellen Vora, believes our anxiety can offer critical guidance about something in our bodies and/or our lives that needs our attention.
While we often think of anxiety as a brain disorder, Dr. Vora shares a paradigm shift proposing that anxiety is a whole-body condition that can even be connected to nutrition, sleep, and technology-related imbalances. And the good news is that there are holistic and powerful tools that we can use to manage our mental health that are easily within our control.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The difference between true anxiety and false anxiety and how to determine which one you’re experiencing
- Tips for checking whether your body is out of balance
- The impact of technology on anxiety and how to mitigate it
- An easy-to-do therapy to release anxiety and trauma
- How psychedelics can quiet a part of the brain and support healing
- Different ways anxiety can serve as a powerful teacher
You’ll feel armed with tips for addressing anxiety and practical steps to take right away.
Podcast Partner: mindbodygreen sleep support + (use code ELISEM20 for 20% off)
Learn more about Dr. Ellen Vora:
- The Anatomy of Anxiety: Understanding and Overcoming the Body’s Fear Response
- Website: ellenvora.com
- Instagram: @ellenvoramd
- YouTube: @Ellen Vora, MD - Holistic Psychiatrist
- Facebook: @Ellen Vora MD - Holistic Psychiatrist
Learn More about Elise Museles:
- Food Story: Rewrite the Way You, Eat, Think, and Live
- Instagram: @elisemuseles
- Facebook: @elisemuseles