You eat well, make time for working out in the midst of your busy schedule, and even manage to squeeze in some self-care on the weekend. But, do you think about what you’re putting on your body day in and day out? For many of us, it’s the next step in getting healthy, yet the transition from potentially harmful personal care products to a cleaner skincare routine can feel daunting, even overwhelming.
Here’s the good news: Clean beauty doesn’t have to be complicated! It can be simple and stress-free.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #25 with Tara Foley. Tara is a clean beauty advocate and founder of Follain, the first retailer to exclusively sell non-toxic, personal care products. Tara began her journey into clean cosmetics when she realized that her attention to diet and exercise weren’t mirrored in her beauty products. Understanding that our cosmetics are absorbed into our bloodstream and bodies, Tara became passionate about fighting for better regulation in the highly unregulated beauty industry. She then left her position in a law firm to pursue a new career (even moved to France to work on a lavender farm) and felt even more empowered to make safer choices for herself, and the environment, too.
Now, Tara is on a mission to help as many people as possible discover products that won’t compromise their health for beauty. Tune in and let Tara inspire you to create an experience with your clean beauty routine that is just as nourishing as the most nutrient-dense superfood salad!;
“Clean beauty is a form of self-care and nourishment.” ~ Tara Foley
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to make a safe and effective transition to clean beauty products
- Which category to start with to build a clean skincare routine (It’s simpler than you think!)
- Ways to make your skincare habits a personalized form of self-care and nourishment
- Why choosing clean beauty isn’t just a personal choice and how it affects the environment
- How creating an “experience” with your skin care makes it as effective as possible
- Why safe sunscreen is imperative for you and the environment, too
- What trends are here to stay in the clean beauty movement
- How to safely choose products for children (The answer may surprise you!)
- A simple piece of advice to help you manage a busy lifestyle
You’ll feel empowered to take the next step with your personal care products, no matter where you are on your clean beauty journey!
Thanks for tuning in! Check back every Wednesday for another inspiring story. And don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or your favorite listening app.
One more thing: Please take a few moments to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Tara on Once Upon a Food Story!
Website: follain.com – Use code ELISEM for 10% off your whole order
Take the Skin Quiz Here Here
Elise’s Favorite Clean Soap:
Follain – Use code ELISEM for 10% off your whole order