Whether you’re feeding an entire family or preparing food for yourself, you’re probably busy juggling all of life’s obligations. Even with the best intentions, it’s sometimes hard to get a meal on the table. But it doesn’t have to be so challenging or rigid. If you add in one magical ingredient suddenly cooking (and living) feels so much easier. The secret ingredient? Flexibility!
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode 16 with Nealy Fischer. Nealy is the founder of the global wellness brand, The Flexible Chef, and author of the hot off the press cookbook, FOOD YOU WANT for the Life You Crave. After going on her first diet at age 11 and then experimenting with every fad under the sun, Nealy became consumed and inflexible with how she experienced food and eating. With the help of yoga, a growing family (mom to four kids!), and a busy work life balance, Nealy traded in her rigidity for a more practical, fun, and carefree way of living and being.
Now as a recovering perfectionist, Nealy shares her flexible, adaptable system that helps you save time, banish meal prep stress, and learn how to relax in the kitchen. She teaches you how to swap ingredients, health-ify recipes, and ultimately customize your life.
You’ll feel empowered to adapt Nealy’s approach to make each meal (and each day) less harried and more enjoyable!
“Life is fleeting. We need to slow down and savor all the beauty in any moment and actually invest in creating magic moments.” ~Nealy Fischer
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you need to make your kitchen and your diet fit your life, not the other way around
- How mistakes in the kitchen are not dead ends and how to recreate dishes out of “flops”
- Why multi-tasking is detrimental and how to focus on one thing at a time
- The positive impact flexibility can have on striving towards excellence
- A step-by-step guide to becoming a flexible chef with cooking…and beyond
- The key to indulging in a way that feels comfortable to you and your unique body
- How to experiment, stay curious, and drop the judgments
- Why silencing self-criticism can make you more creative
- How to include your kids in meal prep and give them independence
- Amazing tips for positive (and practical) family engagement
Let Nealy inspire you to find the FOOD YOU WANT for the life you crave, both in and out of the kitchen.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Nealy on Once Upon a Food Story!
YouTube: The Flexible Chef by Nealy
Elise’s favorite kitchen appliance:
The NutraMilk – Use code ELISEM50 for $50 off your order