Have you ever felt like life is moving too fast and you’re not even sure how to slow down? With overwhelming schedules and long to-do lists, it’s no wonder we prioritize our careers and our calendars over our own health and happiness. But you can stop the rat race, change what isn’t working for you, and create a lifestyle that feels good, inside and out.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #18 with Candice Puthawala. Candice is a former model with a 19-year career in fashion turned wellness entrepreneur and founder of the innovative brand, Beauty Bar Chocolate. Having tried every diet under the sun while maintaining her fast-paced and chaotic lifestyle, Candice ended up with autoimmune disorders, chronic stress, inflammation, and complete fatigue. Determined to find the root cause and redirect her path, she discovered how to naturally cure her condition using positivity, meditation, and chocolate! Candice’s interest in holistic health and food as medicine deepened as she miraculously continued to heal her whole self by listening to (and trusting) her inner wisdom.
Now, feeling more vibrant and connected to her mind and body than ever, Candice is on a mission to help others find peace, focus, and glowing skin starting with a daily dose of chocolate. Tune in and let Candice inspire you to take care of your mind and body while following your passion along the way!
“As women, we just know. And we need to trust our intuition to lead us to heal and change our lives.” ~Candice Puthawala
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How a fast-paced lifestyle, restrictive eating, and chronic stress can lead to illness
- Ways the people you surround yourself with can impact your food story and how to find a supportive community
- Why cravings shouldn’t be ignored and how to listen without judgment
- Why cacao is the ultimate superfood and how it can make you feel (Good!)
- What adaptogens, CBD, and pearl collagen can do for your mind and body
- A simple chocolate exercise to help you slow down and reconnect back to your body.
- Why a few deep breaths before you eat can change your digestion and mindset
You’ll feel inspired to tune into your inner voice and make choices from a place of love and trust.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Candice on Once Upon a Food Story!
Elise’s favorite Chocolate Bar:
Beauty Bar Chocolate – Use code FOODSTORY for 10% off your order.