Do you feel daily pressure to keep pushing yourself even when you’re stressed and exhausted? Are you also trying to be everything to everyone else while putting your own needs on the backburner? It’s easy to think you’ll take care of yourself once you have it all and do it all. But the truth is, by not prioritizing your wellbeing now, you’re doing yourself a massive disservice.
Nicole Lapin knows far too well the dangers of trying to be a modern-day superwoman. As a TV news anchor, financial expert, and best-selling author of the books Rich Bitch, Boss Bitch and most recently, Becoming Super Woman: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Go from Burnout to Balance, Nicole spent years feeling exhausted, depleted, and completely stressed out.
Growing up with severe childhood trauma, Nicole went through decades hustling to build her career from the ground up while drowning herself in work. After years of grinding out 20-hour days and going non-stop, Nicole ended up in the hospital suffering a complete mental breakdown. It was then that she was forced to confront her workaholic mindset and begin to understand how neglecting herself had taken a huge toll on her health, her career, and her life.
Now, after reconsidering her lifestyle and discovering the value of self-care, Nicole’s on a mission to help women everywhere go from burnout to balance by setting healthier boundaries and putting on their own oxygen masks first!
“Self-care is the biggest asset or liability. When it’s on point it can help us soar, and when it’s neglected it can bring us down faster than anything else.” ~Nicole Lapin
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to recognize the telltale signs of burnout before it’s too late
- The truth about self-care and why it’s pivotal for success
- An easy morning routine to set yourself up for a successful day
- Practical strategies on how to do a digital detox that can help you feel more joy and peace
- Why work-life balance is a myth and what to do instead
- An exercise to think about your life goals that will help you achieve them
- Ways to say NO without feeling guilty or apologizing
- How to define your own meaning of success and take charge of your story
Tune in and let Nicole empower you to banish burnout and redefine balance, so you can become your own Super Woman and take charge of your life right now!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Nicole on Once Upon a Food Story!