We are constantly being bombarded with messages about food, fashion, and beauty that makes us feel “not enough” – not healthy enough, thin enough, pretty enough, youthful enough, put-together enough. While it is impossible to avoid all the noise, we can control how we respond to it.
Lauren Dimet Waters, co-founder of the blog Fountain of 30 and host of the podcast Beauty is a Bitch, has been through many chapters with food, fashion, and beauty. Her story is a push and pull between losing weight to meet someone else’s beauty standard and making peace with food and her body.
When Lauren finally learned how to feel her best and find her personal style without getting sucked into trends and noise, she made it her mission to inspire thousands of others to do the same.
Lauren shares how you can still care about food, fashion, and beauty but do so in a way where kindness and compassion are part of the equation.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to tap into your current food story
- Practical solutions to release stress around food
- Mindset shifts to change your inner narrative
- The way parents can shape your relationship with food – for better or worse
- Strategies for becoming a more sustainable shopper
- Tips to quiet all the noise that make us feel not “good enough”
After listening, you’ll feel inspired to write the next chapter of your food, fashion, and beauty story!
Podcast Partner: We are proud to partner with Nature Made for this week’s episode. Visit naturemade.com for more information or find the whole line of supplements in your favorite retailer.
A few of my go-to Nature Made supplements include:
- Time release B-100 complex
- Ashwagandha capsules
- Extra Strength Magnesium
If Once Upon a Food Story has inspired you to change how you think about food, your body, and your life, please take a minute to rate us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you listen. Reviews help listeners find the show and enable us to have more amazing guests on, too.
Learn more about Lauren Dimet Waters:
- Blog: Fountain of 30
- Podcast: Beauty is a Bitch
Learn More about Elise Museles:
- Food Story: Rewrite the Way You, Eat, Think, and Live
- Website: elisemuseles.com
- Instagram: @elisemuseles
- Facebook: @elisemuseles