Are you tired of the inner struggle around food and health? Imagine what would happen if all that energy you put into anxiety about eating was available for your life. It can be, and it starts with understanding that what you eat is only half the story of good nutrition. The other half? Who you are as an eater.
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story episode #29 with Marc David. Marc is the founder of The Institute for Psychology of Eating and a pioneer in health & wellness. For more than three decades, he has helped millions of people discover the true causes of their unwanted health and eating challenges, including overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, digestive issues, and the inability to lose weight.
Early in his career, Marc understood the profound impact our thoughts have on our metabolism, digestion, nutrient assimilation, and overall enjoyment of a meal, but he couldn’t find a book or graduate program in eating psychology to learn more. So, he set out to uncover how to support people to change their inner world and release the unnecessary stress around food and body.
Now, after more than 30 years of being a leading voice in nutrition and eating psychology, Marc continues to empower us to see our struggles as lessons that teach us how to find nourishment at the table… and in our lives.
“What we eat is only half the story of good nutrition. The other half is who we are as eaters. Meaning our thoughts, our feelings, our inner world profoundly impact how we digest, assimilate, and calorie burn a meal.” ~ Marc David
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why what we eat is only half the story of good nutrition
- The origins of eating psychology and why it can transform your relationship with food
- How loving and accepting your body right now is key for improving yourself
- The benefits of sharing your food story and how it can help you (and others) heal
- The effect stress and stressful thoughts have on our physiology when we eat
- Powerful tools to become a relaxed eater that you can implement immediately
- How your biggest eating challenges can serve as lessons to help you grow
- The most harmful toxic nutritional beliefs and how to release them right now
- Why slowing down to enjoy a meal is essential for a healthy mind and body
NOTE FROM ELISE
This is a special episode for me as Marc is my mentor and through his certification training and working with him one on one, I began to transform my own relationship with food while learning incredible tools to help others. As you’ll hear in our conversation, we cannot grow, evolve, and change by telling ourselves a disempowering story. Once Marc helped me understand this, I was able to rewrite my food story and experience more ease with what’s on my plate and what’s in my mind!
One more thing: Please take a few moments to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Marc on Once Upon a Food Story!
Get Certified as a Mind Body Eating Coach: