Ready to simplify your life, make choices from a place of trust, and learn how to not be so hard on yourself? There’s scientific proof that you can have these things and feel good, too. It all starts with adopting the right mindset. And the good news is that you can shift your thought patterns at any point in time!
Welcome back to Once Upon a Food Story Episode #17 with Robyn Conley Downs. Robyn is the creator of Real Food Whole Life and host of the top-rated podcast The Feel Good Effect who has spent years researching the science of how people create lasting and sustainable change. Robyn uses her cutting-edge, science-based (and life tested) experiences to help tens of thousands of people find radically simple solutions and gentle wellness in real life.
After years of struggling with impossibly high standards and constant overwhelm, Robyn not only shifted her own mindset, but she also merged her research-backed knowledge and personal lessons and transformed these findings into actionable baby steps that feel easy and doable. Her motto #gentleisthenewperfect is a way to stop overcomplicating life and start living with self-compassion and self-trust.
“When we live by the motto, ‘gentle is the new perfect,’ we give ourselves a break from striving to reach the impossible and focus on what truly matters instead.” ~Robyn Conley Downs
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why your low points do not define you and how to move past them
- The truth about balance and a better way to think about achieving it. (Hint: Equanimity)
- How you can always change your mindset thanks to neuroplasticity of the brain
- The antidote to perfectionism is self-compassion and how to cultivate it
- Why resilience is the way to get rid of toxic comparison
- How the “power middle” can be used to combat all or nothing thinking
- An easy to follow rule to make healthy habits consistent
- Why gentle is the new perfect and how not to be so hard on yourself
You’ll feel empowered to be kinder to yourself and adopt a gentler approach to feeling good inside and out.
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Robyn on Once Upon a Food Story!
Podcast: Feel Good Effect Podcast
Pinterest: Real Food Whole Life
Elise’s favorite CDB product:
Medterra CBD – Use code EliseM for 15% off your order.