Do you know where your food comes from? Not just which grocery store or farmer’s market, or whether your produce is organic, BUT the actual practices of the farmers who grow and produce it? Most of us don’t think about it, but we all should!
Co-founders of the innovative hemp elixir brand Lumen, Kris Taylor and Yasir Hashim, believe that healthy soil creates the foundation for healthy food and healthy people as a result. And it all starts with regenerative agriculture: farming practices that aim to restore the health of our broken ecosystems and improve our food system as well.
Having been best friends since middle school, Kris and Yasir have both always been passionate about discovering ways to make a difference in the world around them. Leaving acceptances to medical school behind, the two have a firm belief that food is medicine and the future of food begins with empowering small American farmers and their communities.
Now, as co-founders of the country’s first cold-pressed hemp juice, Kris and Yasir are on a mission to save the planet by repairing our broken farming system and sharing the incredible healing powers of hemp.
Tune in and let Kris and Yasir inspire you to ask the right questions about the food you eat and how it is grown, too!
“Self-love starts with the food you put inside your body.” ~Kris Taylor
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How regenerative farming can help create more nutrient-dense food
- Why it is important to support your local ecosystem
- The effects of toxins and pesticides on our soil, water, and food
- What is a lack of biodiversity and how does it impact your health
- Exactly what questions to ask farmers to become informed about growing practices
- Why organic food is only part of the equation and what else to look for
- How to get brands to become more conscious of sustainability
- The incredible effects of hemp on change climate change (Hint: it’s carbon neutral!)
- Why hemp is truly a superfood for your mind and your body
You’ll feel empowered to make choices that are good for you and the environment, too!
One more thing: Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast to help spread the word, so that I can have more incredible guests like Kris and Yasir on Once Upon a Food Story!
Website: drinklumen.com – Use code EliseM for 20% off your order
Ted Talk: Saving the Magic in Our Soil
Elise’s favorite hemp elixirs:
Use code EliseM for 20% off your order